Valentine's Day Sucks

I really do not like Valentine's Day. I think it is a bullshit holiday. Every store you go to displays Valentine related stuff in your face. Advertisements, cards, treats, gifts and more offer promises of everlasting love.

I think my dislike for Valentine’s Day began many, many years ago in Elementary School. Each year the teacher would force all students to bring in a decorated shoe box for our Valentine’s Day party. Students would be given a list of names of every student in their class and were expected to make a Valentine to give to each one on the list. I would work hours to pick out the perfect little valentine card for each person. I was always so excited to give them out as school…only to be disappointed at peoples comments about my cards. Kids can say some really mean and hateful things. While I don’t remember the exact words, I do remember how much they hurt and how totally alone I always felt.

My dislike for Valentine's Day has gotten worse through the years thanks to worthless boyfriends and husbands.  Maybe someday this stupid holiday will be wiped off the calendar.

No comments:

Post a Comment